Friday 10 October 2014

My Skin Care Routine - Body - Autumn 2014

Today I wanted to have a chat with you about body care routine, what do I do and which products do I use.

My body care routine is similar to the skin care routine, It is simple. During autumn/winter months my skin tends to be more on a dry side due to temperature change and air conditioning at work. I think two the most important and basic aspects of body care are: exfoliation and nourishment.

Exfoliation:



I do a mild exfoliation daily using a soft sponge with a shower gel (I am using last Christmas vintage blooms, lavender bath and shower gel) or a soap (I love a good soap, at the moment I am using soap from the Italy with an orange fragrance). I use pumice stone for my feet.



I tend to use scrub once in two weeks during autumn/winter months. At the moment I am using St. Ives invigorating apricot body scrub. I apply scrub only on the problem parts of my body, like lower legs, elbows, knees and under the arms.

Nourishment:



I use body moisturiser daily.  At the moment I have two body moisturisers: Jergens Daily Moisture and Dove Purely Pampering body butter.

If I used a scrub, I usually apply body oil (at the moment I am using Avocado oil) or one of my hand made creams (I will post a recipe when I will make a new one). I like to use natural products on my skin especially before bedtime. Because while we are asleep our skin regenerates and  it needs all the help not just from the inside, but from the outside too.

I included my favourite autumn parfume in this post, Lacoste original because I can't imagine my day without it. Under arm roll on has it's own place in my body care routine, we can't be with out one too, at the moment I am using Garnier Mineral InvisiCool.

I believe even if you spend just five minutes a day, it will be enough to have soft and nourished skin. 

Exercising is very important to keep the body in shape and the skin toned. I don't have time to exercise at the moment, but I think my active life style helps. Being a mum, I am always on the move. I love to walk and when weather is permitting I skip the public transport and enjoy walking home or to work. Well I don't drive, but if you do why not to give your car a day off and discover your way on foot?!


What are your best body care tips?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment