Monday 6 October 2014

Skin Care Essentials - Sleep Management

Hi everyone!

Welcome to yourbeautyblog1!


As I promised in one of my previous post, I want to share some tips how to get a good night's sleep. I am a mummy of one (my son is 13 months old), so I know how lack of sleep can affect not just how you feel but also how you look. 

We all know that sleep is absolutely vital for human beings to survive. Good night's sleep is what we need to feel revitalised and refreshed. Lack of sleep robs us of the essential rest and recuperation our skin needs to look its best throughout our lives.

I can tell you that if you don't get enough sleep, your face will pay for it. Your reward for skipping your sleep is a tired face and dark circles under the eyes. Everyone should get at least seven to eight hours of sleep a night to look, feel and be your best. As a mum I know it is not always possible, but remember to catch up with your sleep and use any opportunity to rest and rejuvenate.



Tips for a good night sleep.


1. Try to keep to a regular bedtime routine whenever it is possible. Aim to go to bed and get up at roughly the same time every day.

2. Avoid stimulants such as coffee or tea several hours before bedtime. Have a warm, caffeine-free drink instead. I like to have a chamomile tea or a warm milk with cinnamon. 

3. Try to have your last meal several hours before retiring and avoid too much alcohol - this may help you fall asleep but causes restlessness later.

4. Try some relaxation techniques. Have a warm bath, listen to restful music, or do gentle exercises, such as yoga or meditation.

5. Check that your bed is comfortable and room is fresh. I like to burn some essential oils, like lavender or rosemary to help me fall asleep faster.

6. If you can't get to sleep, don't lie there worrying about it. Get up and do something until you feel tired enough to try again.


Marija


Read more:

- Skin care essentials - skin protection

- Skin care essential - nutrition and supplements

No comments:

Post a Comment