Sunday 30 November 2014

One Month No Beauty Shopping Challenge

You are probably surprised, but I would like to do my next challenge as a no beauty shopping month. That for a beauty blogger?! Yes! 
I will only receive my Glossybox this month, but no beauty shopping for me!


Why do I want to do this? 
I saw news few days ago with Black Friday craze and I was shocked. You know each year when festive season starts we are bombarded with commercials. It is sad we all long forgotten what these celebrations are all about. I want a change! I would like to spend this month in reflection and planning my next year. I want to treasure time I have and enjoy my family, festivals and other activities we forget due to a bargain hunt.

What will I do in my beauty world?
I will be creative and will use what ever I have in my house without any beauty shopping until 1st January. I will still buy gifts for my boys.


How did I get on?!
Today is the last day of 2014, it was a good year and I am ready to start 2015 with positive feelings of good coming! I wish you all the best in a New Year!

My no beauty shopping challenge almost complete and I will tell you that I was a good girl until yesterday. I went to pick up my click&collect and on my way I bought one beauty item. I probably could wait for a day or two, but it was a brilliant offer, and I bought something I really needed. Do you wonder what is it, keep up with my blog to find out!

Overall I had a great time revising my shopping habits and I am sure I can be more satisfied with myself in 2015. It was important for me to find time to appreciate what I have and find peace of mind in the most stressful month of the year.

Will I do it again? 
Maybe, I think it is great to stop shopping to do something else and switch your mind from bargain hunt to something more rewarding like family time or favourite hobby.


Are you ready for 2015?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment