Saturday 14 February 2015

Lavera Cosmetics Review and Swatches

Last month I bought some Lavera cosmetics to have a more natural make-up option for my day-to-day look. I love Lavera's eye pencil in grey - it is my all time favourite, so I had a high hope for the cosmetics I bought. 


1. Lavera Natural Concealer - Ivory 01 - 6.5ml. It has a very good ingredient list for a cosmetic item, lots of oils and extracts to look after gentle under eye area. I told you before that I would like to try a concealer which will not just conceal, but will look after the skin.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:


Water (Aqua), Alcohol*, Lauryl Laurate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil*, Myristyl Myristate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Tricaprylin, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract*, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract*, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract*, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract*, Silica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Algin, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Limonene**, Benzyl Salicylate**, Linalool**, Geraniol**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Benzyl Alcohol**, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)


It is a right shade this time, but sadly concealer didn't suit all my needs.

I will give Lavera Natural Concealer - Ivory 01 2 stars out of 5, because it dries quickly, so it is hard to blend it well and it looks very caky and uneven under the eyes. I tried it for a week and just couldn't bond with it at all, very sad indeed. I think it deserves 2 stars for the ingredients and packaging and I think experienced make-up person can make it work the right way.


2. Twin Pack - Lavera Natural Beautiful Mineral Eyeshadow 1.6g - 07 Magic Grey. I was looking for a natural grey eye shadow to complete my daily make-up routine. Magic Grey is much darker shade than on the website and it has a greeny-blue shimmer in it. Overall it lays on eyelids in spots and again I found it hard to blend or layer. I will give Lavera Natural Beautiful Eyeshadow Magic Grey 2 stars out of 5. It deserves two stars for the ingredient list and lovely packaging. I think if you like more intense shade of grey you will like this eye shadow and again you need a good blending skill.

Here is the ingredient list:

Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Powder*, Magnesium Stearate, Carthamus, Tinctorius (Saffl Ower) Seed Oil*, Silica, Tricaprylin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, HippopHae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, TocopHerol, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil,(Olus Oil), Alcohol*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract*, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract*, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Ascorbyl Pamitate, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Geraniol**, Limonene**, Linalool**, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Iron Oxide (Ci77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Carmine (75470), Tin Oxide (77861), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Silver Oxide]


3. Lavera Naturals Eye Shadow Base. This is only product I liked from my Lavera order and I enjoy using it. You just need a tiny drop of this base, it glides and dries on eyelids fast and holds make-up for a day. I am glad to find a natural eye shadow base I actually like.

Here is the ingredient list for you to check out:

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Alcohol*, Glycerin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract*, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract*, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract*, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Algae, Magnesium Gluconate, Maltose, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene**, Benzyl Salicylate**, Linalool**, Geraniol**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Benzyl Alcohol**


I will give Lavera Naturals Eye Shadow Base 5 stars out of 5, I think it is just right and deserves it.

Here are the swatches for all the products I bought.


I sent the concealer and eye shadows for the refund, hope it all goes well and I can move on.

I feel a tiny bit disappointed with natural cosmetics overall. I always feel like I excuse their faults due to them being a natural products. I hope one day to complete my make-up bag with natural cosmetics which work well and worth each penny. Can you recommend any?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment