Tuesday 31 March 2015

Empty Bottles - March 2015

Due to the move I don't have one empty bottle for you to show, but if you follow my blog you saw it in my beauty haul few months back.



It is a natural gentle cleanser in a gel form. I liked the consistency and how it left my skin soft and clean, but I hated the scent. It didn't smell of orange to me at all, but something peculiar and strange. I will give Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser 4 stars out of 5, just due to the strange scent. 

Here are the ingredients for you to have a look:

glycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, limonene, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, lanolin, citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) peel oil, quillaja saponaria (quillaja) bark extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avena sativa (oat) kernel oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beta-carotene, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), canola oil (huile de colza), sodium benzoate

This is my second Burt's Bees cleanser to try and I am pleased with the quality. I won't buy again the Orange Essence, but Radiance I truly love.


Here are the other empties I managed to keep:


2. Schwarzkopf Ultimate Volume Shampoo. This shampoo didn't suit my hair at all! It didn't wash them well and didn't give them any volume. I will give Schwarzkopf Ultimate Volume Shampoo 1 star out of 5. One star just to be fair, because I did finish the bottle off.


3. Miaroma Avocado Oil. I can't even tell you how I enjoyed using this oil and in how many ways. You will see it in my lip balms, hair mix, face masks recipes. I used it for the oil cleansing method and just as body oil. Read full description of benefits in here. I will give Miaroma Avocado Oil 5 stars out of 5, because it is gentle and moisturising. Brilliant multi-purpose oil to have in your beauty cabinet.


4. SkinPEP Collagen Growth Factor Face Mask. We are doing some decorating in our new home and I used it to refresh and revitalise my skin after a hard day. It did well, my skin felt moisturised and fresh. My first experience with this type of gel masks - you do feel like alien when it is on. So stay away from your close ones. One reservation you do need to leave it for 30 or even 40 minutes, so not for a quick fix.

Here are the ingredients for you to have a look:

Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, sh- Oligopeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-5, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 , snail secretion filtrate Dipropylene Glycol, Arbutin, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Ubiquinone, Ceramide 3(CO Q10), Lecithin, Royal Jelly extract, Propolis Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Chlorphenesin , Disodium EDTA, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Agar, Potassium Chloride, Glucose, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Natural Fragrance, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum.

I will give SkinPEP Collagen Growth Factor Face Mask 4 stars out of 5, just because I think it promises much more what it actually gives. But it is a good face mask to try and scent is divinely refreshing.


5. Anatomicals Zap! Zap! Zap! Gets That Chap. Day and Night Spot Stick. I got this one in my December Glossybox. I usually don't have many break outs, just hormonal once in a while, but I did use it few times. Unfortunately packaging is so bad this spot stick break very fast and I couldn't trial it any longer. From all those uses I had I can tell you it helps to disinfect affected areas and dries spots.

Here are the ingredient list:


Day: Aqua, Alcohol, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 42090, CI 19140. Night: Aqua, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cyclomethicone, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Cetyl Stearate, Allantoin, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3.

I will give Anatomicals Zap! Zap! Zap! Gets That Chap. Day and Night Spot Stick 3 stars out of 5, due to the bad packaging and it doesn't do what promised (like cure you of every blemish). But Tea Tree Oil and Witch Hazel my skin appreciated and I think this product deserves 3 stars and checking out.


6. Natural Cocoa Lip Balm from my DIY Beauty. I love making my own lip balms and this one was really lovely. I plan to post my collection of lip balm (I have quite few from the Glossybox), I can tell you that nothing can compare with a DIY lip balm. Must be the simplicity and effectiveness of the ingredients. Only one downside is a short shelf life. But  again they are so easy to make and you can restock any time. 

I will give Natural Cocoa Lip Balm 5 stars out of 5. Not just because I made it, but because it is really a treat. Check it out and try for yourself!


What was your best empty bottle this month?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment