Tuesday 28 April 2015

Empty Bottles - April 2015

April is about to end it is time to share my empties with you. It's been an amazing month and I have more than usual to write about. 



I won't say much about Timotei Vivivd Colour shampoo, I used it before and it is simple, but good shampoo to use.

1. Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute. This lovely face mask came in my first ever Glossybox and it's been my favourite for the past 6 months. Ladies and gents If you are looking for a moisturising face mask - this will tick all your boxes. It has a creamy texture, good formula, works within 10 minutes and has a lovely fresh scent.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

AQUA/WATER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, XYLITYLGLUCOSIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE, ANHYDROXYLITOL, TOCOPHEROL, CITRIC ACID, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, XYLITOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ALLANTOIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SAFFLOWER OIL/PALM OIL AMINOPROPANEDIOL ESTERS, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE POWDER, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FLOWER EXTRACT, SCLEROTIUM GUM, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, LUPINUS ALBUS SEED EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FRUIT EXTRACT, ROBINIA PSEUDACACIA FLOWER EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) FRUIT EXTRACT [N2503/A].

I will give Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute 5 stars out of 5. I love it for moisturising and calming effects on my skin, it is such a treat to use it. I know that ingredient list is not a "clean" one, but there are nice ingredients to enjoy and mask is actually good.


2. Nivea Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water. This is my first experience with Micellar water and I can tell you it was great. Nivea Micellar Cleansing water gently removes eye make-up and doesn't irritate nor the skin not the eyes. 

Here is the ingredient list:


Aqua, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Panthenol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Decyl Glucoside, Poloxamer 124, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Acetate, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

I can see a lot you should to avoid, but I am pleased this list is much shorter than most of Micellar Waters I have checked.

I will give Nivea Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water 5 stars out of 5. It cleanses gently and this bottle lasted  twice as long as Nivea's Gentle Eye Make-up Remover I used before. I think I will explore more of Micellar waters in the future. Do you have a favourite one?


3. Eau Thermale Avene Very High Protection SPF50 cream for dry and sensitive skin. This is really good sunscreen to try: light, doesn't stain your face with white streaks, has a light scent and feels so soft on the skin. If I wouldn't bother with the ingredients, this facial sunscreen is one of the best I have tried so far.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:


Avene thermal spring water (avene aqua). C12-15 alkyl benzoate. Methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol. Water (aqua). Diisopropyl adipate. Pentaerythrityl tetracaprylate/tetracaprate. Dicaprylyl carbonate. Bisethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine. Diethylhexyl butamido triazone. Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate. Butylene glycol. Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane. Potassium cetyl phosphate. Decyl glucoside.
Glyceryl stearate. Peg-100 stearate. Acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer.benzoic acid. Caprylic/capric triglyceride. Caprylyl glycol. Disodium edta.fragrance (parfum). Glyceryl behenate. Glyceryl dibehenate. Hydrogenated palmglycerides. Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides. Propylene glycol. Sodium hydroxide. Tocopherol. Tocopheryl glucoside. Tribehenin. Xanthan gum.

I will give Avene Very High Protection SPF50 cream 5 stars out of 5.


4. Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil. If I will buy a treatment oil for my hair, this one will be the first on my list. Read a full review here.


5. TRESemme Keratin Smooth Beautifying Oil. I bought it some time ago, it is a really long lasting hair oil. I used it as a hair conditioner, as a heat protection and just to smooth a frizz. This oil has a lovely scent, but I am not that thrilled with it. I will give TRESemme Keratin Smooth Beautifying Oil 3 stars out 5. It is just "ok". I didn't feel anything special and because there so many hair oils and serums on the market to try, I won't be buying it again.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look: 


Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Zea Mays Oil, Tocopherol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lycopene, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool



6. Dove Youthful Vitality Shampoo and Conditioner. I got both from my last Glossybox. Dove Youthful Vitality shampoo is creamy and gentle. It didn't agree with me much, I needed to wash my hair twice to get the result. The conditioner  is fine with a pleasant scent and it did leave my hair soft, but I don't think it is enough nourishing for my hair. 

I will give Dove Youthful Vitality shampoo and conditioner 3 stars out of 5, because I didn't get any extra volume and I would say it is just normal gentle shampoo and conditioner to use. Nothing fancy, so they both deserve their 3 stars each.

Here are the ingredient lists:

Shampoo:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Collagen, Parfum, Polyquaternium-10, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Disodium EDTA, PPG-12, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Methylchloroisotiazolinone, Methylisotiazolinone, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.


Conditioner:
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Collagen, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.


7. L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows. I inserted a link to the Boots website, you can check new L'Oreal's  Infallible eye shadows colours. I am not sure that you can buy these two any more. 

I am letting them go due to expiry date. Read a guide to cosmetics shelf life here

I have 016 Coconut Shake and 020 Pebble Grey shades. I used both in my daily make-up for past few years and amazing I still have a lot left in both jars. Maybe that why I don't buy a lot of cosmetics, they tend to last forever and I just get bored of them. 

Here are the swatches:



I will give L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows 4 stars out of 5. They are great for a daily make-up, but won't do for the evening - not enough pigmentation and layering doesn't look great. I loved them for their softens and colour.


8. So Susan Flutter Mascara. It is time to let it go as well, I have it opened for more than 6 months now. It is a pity I have used this mascara only for a week or maybe two. I got this mascara from my first Glossybox. So Susan Flutter is an intense carbon black mascara formulated with hyaluronic spheres to help you achieve the darkest, curviest lashes possible.

Here is the ingredient list:


water (aqua), stearic acid, cyclomethicone, caranuba (caranuba cerifera) wax, glycerin, PVP, ethylhexyl palmitate, triethanolamine, beeswax (cera alba), sodium hyaluronate, methylparaben, propylparaben, [+/- (may contain/peut contenir) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C red no. 7 ca lake (CI 15850:1)

Well it is a very dark mascara for sure, but it gave me more a spider's legs look and oh my, how it stained the eyelids. No way you can do a quick sweep and be on the move. I will give So Susan Flutter mascara 2 star out of 5. I just couldn't use it and for sure I didn't enjoy it, but it has not a bad ingredient list and So Susan is a cruelty free brand.


Have you used any of the products above?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment