Monday 1 June 2015

Empty Bottles - May 2015

Well, June is here and I am overdue with my empty bottles' post for the May. Promise to catch up with posting as soon as all my DIY and decorating are over and I hope this month will be the last busy month with that.

Anyway I wanted to share with you what I have used up in May. Amazingly I have a small box full of empty bottles and some samples to go through with you.



1. Vatika Naturals Egg Protein Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. A really big tub with a hair mask, took me sometime to finish it. I got it along with other Vatika Naturals hair products from Ideal Home Show last year Christmas SpecialI think I just got tired of it in the end, but in the beginning my hair really enjoyed this light nourishing hair mask. It has many natural ingredients, enriched with egg and honey extracts. I would say it is quite close to the natural hair conditioner I used before. It made my hair soft and silky, but it made them static too.

Here is the ingredient list:

Aqua, Centrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, CI 19140, CI 42080, CI 28440, CI 73015, CI 16255, CI 14720


I will give Vatika Naturals Egg Protein Conditioning Hair Mask 3 stars out of 5. It wasn't enough conditioning for my hair and resulted in unpleasant hair static. But if you don't mind that part, this hair mask worth checking out.


2. Kueshi Revitalizing Face Toner. This toner is good! It smells lovely, made my skin calm and refreshed. Kueshi Revitalizing face toner contains a soothing blend of calendula, chamomile and aloe vera. I got it from the January Glossybox and I think it was one of best items I have received from them by far. 

Here is the full ingredient list for you to have a look:

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydroxethycellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethoxydiglycol, Propyleneglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Geraniol, Linalool, d-Limonene, CI45100.

I will give Kueshi Revitalizing Face Toner 4 stars out of 5. One point less due to the ingredient list, but this beauty product works and does what is promises on the bottle.


3. SkinPEP Hydra Sun Defence SPF 30 Day Cream. As I mentioned in my new challenge I finished all my sun skin protection samples and this one was the last one. I received it in a small bundle of samples from SkinPEP and I think it is a good day cream with SPF to try. This cream has a light consistency and contains mineral based sunscreens which blends with the skin tone without leaving a white residue. Unlike other sunscreens this cream is moisturising and contains anti oxidants (Grape Seed Extract and Green Tea extract), vitamin E and Ferulic Acid.

As I mentioned before SkinPEP skincare made without alcohol, perfume and parabens and they are hypo-allergenic.

Here is the ingredient list to have a look:

Aqua, Zinc Oxide (6.5%), Titanium Dioxide (5%), Glycerin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arbutin, Ferulic Acid, Adenosine, Iron Oxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Olivate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic acid, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol.


I will give SkinPEP Hydra Sun Defence SPF 30 Day Cream 5 stars out of 5, because it is not just SPF, but also a good moisturiser to use during the day. All samples I tried from SkinPEP along with this one never irritated my skin and never caused a break out.


4. SkinPEP Peptide Renew - Peptide Repair Day Cream. Another sample from SkinPEP I have finished in May. I can't really say much about it, because it was a small sample and I just used it once as a face mask. I liked the consistency, same as other product by SkinPEP it is light and quickly absorbs into the skin. I won't give this sample any stars, but it is worth to check this cream out.


5. Crabtree & Evelyn Avocado, Olive & Basil Body Lotion. Well, it was worth to lose my One Month no Beauty Shopping Challenge to. I bought two of them for £20 and they lasted me that long. This body lotion has the most moisturising formula than others I saw in the store on the day. It contains olive oil, shea butter, avocado butter and formulated without colours, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil and propylene glycol. 

I don't have the outer box any more and it seems impossible to find a full list of ingredient online. 

I will give Crabtree & Evelyn Avocado, Olive & Basil Body Lotion 5 stars out of 5. Beautifully presented and a lovely fresh scent and does the job so well. I will watch out for offers to buy it again.



6. Ayurvedic NaturoRiche Skin Life Turmeric Cream. Turmeric cream always will be my must have to keep skin balanced and healthy. 

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:


Aqua, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi), Rubia Cordifolia (Manjishta), Berberis Species (Daru Haldi), Curcuma Longa Extract (Haldi),Turmeric Oil, Parfum, Glycerine (Glycerol), Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Niacinamide, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone (Silicone Oil), Capric-Caprylic Tri Glyceride, Octyl Methoxy Myristate, Colour - Tartazine Yellow (Ci No.19140), Sunset Yellow FCF (Ci No. 15985).

I will give Ayurvedic NaturoRiche Skin Life Turmeric cream 5 stars out of 5. Some amazing ingredient in there and it is just made for my skin type (normal to combination).

7. YARDLEY London Shea Buttermilk soap. This is a lovely scented, creamy soap with delicate chamomile and buttermilk. It lasted me for a month, you will see it in my May beauty haul post and I am going to get another one to enjoy for longer. I like how is lathers and it feels so soft and gentle on the skin. I will give YARDLEY London Shea Buttermilk soap 5 stars out of 5

Here is the ingredient list:

Sodium Tallowate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Buttermilk Powder, Chamomile Extract, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide (A naturally occurring mineral), Tetrasodium EDTA


8. Face Oasis H2O+ Hydrating Treatment. Another sample I got from the Glossybox, I used it as a face mask and am very pleased with it hydrating properties. This treatment is in gel form and can be used as a moisturiser or a face pack. 

I will give Face Oasis H2O+ Hydrating Treatment  3 stars out of 5.  My skin didn't like it as a day moisturiser, but I enjoyed it as a skin treatment. This gel is light, oil free and has hydrating properties due to extracts and other ingredients. Other down side is the ingredient list, full off things you should to try to avoid.

Here is the ingredient list:


Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glycereth-7, Dimethicone, Glycosaminoglycans, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phospholipids, Panthenol, Parfum/Fragrance, Zinc PCA, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Maris Sal/Sea Salt/Sel marin, Magnesium Nitrate, Disodium EDTA, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Retinyl Palmitate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Linalool, CI 42090/Blue 1


What is your May beauty favourite and have you tried any from above?
Marija

2 comments:

  1. Nice reading, I love your content. This is really a fantastic and informative post. Keep it up and if you are looking for Silicone Oil then visit Mavani Synthetic Lubricants (P) Ltd

    ReplyDelete