Tuesday 11 August 2015

Natural Hair Serum - DIY Beauty

I mentioned this serum in my updated hair care routine. I am using it for few months now and I love it simplicity and effectiveness. I use it to condition my hair after the wash just before hair drying to add some heat protection and a little bit after to smooth out the hair.

Natural hair serum

To make hair serum you will need:

yourbeautyblog1
- 15ml of Coconut oil;
- 5ml of Argan oil;
- 5 drops of Lavender essential oil;
- 5 drops of Geranium essential oil;
- 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil;
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang.

Coconut oil is famous with its benefits for hair strength and growth. It isn't thick as a castor oil, so will be absorbed faster and won't grease hair as much. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E and will give hair moisture, nourishment and it promotes a healthy shine. 

I selected essential oils from my collection which are the most beneficial to hair. This combination creates a gentle herby scent. You can use your own mix, if you like. What I love about hand made beauty, that you can personalise it and make something special just for yourself. Read here about essential oils I have and their benefits for hair/skin. 

You will require as will small empty bottle to store the serum. I had this small dark glass pipette bottle which is ideal in this situation. Pipette makes it so much easier to measure drops and avoid over oiling. I usually use 3 drops of the serum on my wet hair and 2 drops after a hair dryer.

yourbeautyblog1
To make the serum, just mix coconut and Argan oils first and add bit by bit the essential oils. 

yourbeautyblog1

20ml of serum will be enough for 3 months or even longer depends on your use. I wouldn't keep the mix longer than 6 months, due to lack of preservatives.


Looking forward to you reviews in the comments below!
Marija



No comments:

Post a Comment