Sunday 4 October 2015

Big Beauty Clear Out - Part One Skin Care

Season has changed and I presently am in between of my beauty routines. I set myself a task to finish beauty products I have now and to prepare myself for the cooler months ahead with new beauty routines. I will post you with them as soon, as they are in full swing.

At the moment, I have something entirely else to share. I went through my beauty items and pulled out everything expired (click here for cosmetics shelf life guide) or about to expire in few months time, but I don't use for any kind of reasons.

Amazingly, even with my conscious approach to shopping this year, I got a lot to share with you. Some of these will go straight to the bin, some I will give away to be used before they actually expire. And I have promised myself to review my conscious shopping list to avoid that much waste in the future. Click here to read a current one.

I will divide this post into two parts: Skin Care and Cosmetics. I have sorted everything in groups too: skin care, cosmetics, items to to pun into the bin and items to give away. 


Big beauty clear out - Skin care 


Sadly I couldn't finish in time my Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate oil and Pai Kukui and Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator. Both are natural skin care products with 6 months shelf life once opened.

I used Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate oil as a serum before my night cream. It has a lovely texture and gentle scent. Always left my skin soft and well moisturised. I would like to give it 5 stars out of 5. Would be nice, if Pai could offer a smaller bottle. I hate to waste something so nice and precious. 

A very helpful lady on Pai website's chart provided me with it's ingredient list. Have a look:

Rosa Canina (rosehip CO2) Seed Extract, Rosa Canina (rosehip CO2) Fruit Extract, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract

According to the Pai, they use both the fruit and seeds from the Rosehip and extract via CO2 supercritical extraction so it's super concentrated.


I have mixed review of Pai Kukui and Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator. I had days I loved it and and days I thought it felt strange on my skin. Exfoliating beads are tiny, but you can feel them on your skin so much. I loved the scent, but hated the packaging. I noticed that Pai have changed small pump bottle for a squeezy one. That is great, because pump was the way too stiff. Made me work hard each time I wanted to use the exfoliator. 

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil -Sunflower Oil, Glycerin -Organic Derived egetable Glycerine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Kukui Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Apricot Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Safflower Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Avocado Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil (and) Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil - Jojoba Beads, Sucrose Laurate - Sucrose Laurate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Water - Orange Fruit Water, Boswellia Neglecta Oil - Frankincense Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil - May Chang Oil, Tocopherol - Natural Vitamin E


Overall I would like to give Pai Kukui and Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator 4 stars out of 5. I will ignore the packaging, but can't ignore those beads - they are not as gentle as I would like them to be. But this is one of the best natural exfoliators I have tried so far. I told you - a very mixed review.


Let's move on to Amie Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask. Another natural skin care product I used this spring/summer time. I found it is a way too refreshing and indeed deep cleansing to take on into the autumn/winter skin care routine. Mask has 12 months of open use, so I plan to give it away to somebody who likes mint scent and tinkly feel on the skin. 

Here is the ingredient list:

Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Steareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Steareth-21, Xanthan Gum, Octyldodecanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Menthyl Lactate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Citral, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1).


I will give Amie Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask 4 stars out of 5. I am not sure it is suitable for the sensitive skin types, due to the peppermint. But over wise it is a lovely natural face mask to use once a week. I though it was wonderful and amazingly refreshing after a long, hot day.


St.Ives Invigorating Body Scrub. I am really not so good with the large tubs! This body scrub lingered on my bathroom shelf for far too long. It is time to let it go, but not without a review. Originally bought for my foot care, but was used all over the place in general. Exfoliating beads are large enough to give a good rub on a tough skin and formula is gentle enough not to damage the skin in process. I wouldn't use it more than once a week through. 

Here is the ingredient list:

Aqua (Water), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Phenethyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, CI 77891


I would like to give St. Ives Invigorating Body Scrub 5 stars out of 5. Pity I need to let it go. Plan to make a small jar of Natural Body Scrub myself, so keep an aye for DIY Beauty.


Now, the Castor Oil for my DIY Beauty is opened for longer than 3 years and it is time to put it into the bin. I think I will need a smaller bottle of Castor oil in the future. It is such a lovely, vitamin E rich oil to use for hair, lashes and eyebrows. Read here about Castor oil properties and beauty benefits.


Part two with expired or no longer needed cosmetics is coming soon! 
Do you keep an aye on expiry dates of your toiletries? Share your tips with me in the comments below?
Marija 


No comments:

Post a Comment