Monday 5 October 2015

Big Beauty Clear out - Part Two - Cosmetics

Now it is cosmetics' turn. I have more than I thought it is possible, some due to Glossybox and most of them still in dates, so will go to the new home for some love. Some, sadly will go to the bin.




Let's go through them with the short reviews. I haven't done any swatches to share. All of them are mentioned before, just browse for cosmetics in the search bar.

Bourjois Paris.

I have few items from this brand and all of them from free gift set I received when I bought few items before Christmas last year. Proves the point - don't be tempted with the gift. Bourjois Paris Smoky Eyes Trio Eyeshadow is in right shades of grey, but they are too shimmery for me. I tried to use them few times, but they sadly looked like a smudge on my eyes and the way to shiny. I will give Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eyeshadow 4 stars out of 5. Maybe not my shade, but they were not easy at blending.

Bourjois Paris Rouge Edition Lipstick in Beige Trench. A lovely shade, but I just didn't like the consistency. Tried to use it with a lip balm and with out, it just highlighted all lines on the lips I never thought exist there. Maybe it is a bit to dry for my taste. I can give Rouge Edition Lipstick only 3 stars out of 5.

Bourjois Paris Volume Glamour Max Holidays Mascara. This one is a lovely volume mascara in a small tube with a very big brush. I don't use a mascara in my daily make-up any more, so it is getting old without any use now. Still, it is a good and affordable volume mascara to look for, I will give it 5 stars out of 5.

Bourjois Paris Delice de Poudre, I got it in the lighter shade. Used actively two summers ago now. I think I had more tan when, ever since it is too dark for my skin. Gives me that orange undertone none wants on the face. But I can tell you it is decent light bronzer, with pleasant fragrance and in a cute chocolate style case. 


MeMeMe.

MeMeMe Eye Line Pencil in Clay. Got is from the Glossybox in January. It is just not my shade of brown, makes my eyes look really tired. I haven't used it much to rate, only can say it isn't soft and doesn't glides with ease.

MeMeMe Lip Glide in Playful Peach. Again not my shade at all and I didn't like the consistency a bit too drying on my lips. Used only once to test, so no rating for it either.

Lollipops Make Up Eye Pencil Black - Goodbye Moon. Again not my favourite eye pencil, not enough soft to glide easily and I don't like to press or drag eye pencil on my lids. Not being 30 and a bit plus.

But after all this negative eye pencil's saga I got one I loved a lot - Lavera  Grey Eyeliner. It is truly soft, glides well, contains natural ingredients (I use it on my water line), perfect grey for my eyes and complexion. This is my number one eye pencil so far. I will give Lavera Grey Eyeliner 5 stars out of 5.


Revlon Lipstick. it is one of Revlon Colorburst ones, but I don't have a shade for you. Not to worry much, I couldn't even find it on their official website. Not a surprise, it is time for it to go. This was one of the lipsticks, which didn't dry my lips out. I shall have a look at new Revlon lines in my next shopping.

There few more cosmetics left I hardly used, but I think they are very good - sadly not my shade or my kind of thing. Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow - beautiful highlighter in a liquid form. I planed to give it a go in the summer, but never actually did. Do not want it to go off, so it is going to a new home. 

Nickak New York Colorluxe Powder Blush in Romantic shade. It is so beautiful cosmetic product, but a little bit too pink for me. I love the texture, scent and it has a super cute packaging. 

Burt's Bees Lip Shine. Well, I have nothing against the colour, but this lip shine is too sticky. I hate when my hair get stuck to my lips on the go. A natural lip gloss, but a "no" for me. 


I think I haven't left anything out. Now I collected everything from skin care and cosmetics to give into new care.


And here are items to put into the bin.



Do you check your bathroom and beauty cabinets regularly? Do you prefer to keep cosmetics and toiletries or it is easy for you to let go, if it is a wrong one?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment