Sunday 2 November 2014

Birchbox - October 2014

Finally I have received my first Birchbox. As you know I have subscribed for a Glossybox, but I was wondering if it is the best, so here is the opponent.


1. Birchbox Lipstick Pen. A fun lipstick-shaped pen to pop into a handbag or make-up bag. Not sure that it is me. Original price is £2.50.


2. KMS California Hair Play Playable Texture. I am excited to try it out, I thought to go back to a hair spray. Happy with this one! For a full size product £15.50, I got 75ml sample.


3. Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm. Another beauty product I am delighted to try, it is a natural nourishing cleanser with exfoliating oatmeal powder. Perfect for normal to dry skin types. Full size product costs £20, I got 40ml sample.


4. Shaveworks The Cool Fix. This is cooling gel lotion to treat ingrown hair, razor bumps and redness after hair removal. I don't suffer from any of these, so I plan to pass it to my hubby. Original price £11, I got 29ml sample.


5. Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream. Never had anything from Benefit, so I am very excited to try this eye cream, plan to use it in the mornings and my natural eye cream from YESto blueberries in the evening. It's Potent eye cream supposed to banish dark circles, smooth fine lines and protect against free radicals, it has a light consistency.  Cute packaging, a very long and not so natural ingredient list. I wonder how it will do all what is promised on the pack, sure not with all those glycols. Will give it a try and will let you know. Full size eye cream costs £25.50, I got 3g to try.


6. Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm. I like it: colour is lovely, not as bright as it looks; smells nice, not overpowering. Looking forward to use it. I got full size, it costs £8.


And the last not not the least, I got a cute pink pouch with a zip. Will keep my essentials in it and it will travel into my handbag from now.

You probably wonder what do I think overall after having two beauty boxes in one month. Both of them are value for money. Birchbox is good, if you want to try high end products, but it gave me more feel like I am getting samples. I know it is what is all about! I think that Glossybox has more personalised approach and gave me even more value for my money.

I think to stay with a Glossybox for a few months to try something new and let see if I will still like the experience.


Do you subscribe to a beauty box?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment