Wednesday 8 April 2015

Empty Bottles - December 2014

With my no shopping challenge this month I managed to finish few beauty products I had for some time. Here are reviews for all of them.



1. MONU Skincare Soothing Hawaii Facial Oil. I got this facial oil in November Glossybox and it has been my cleanser in December. 

MONU is professional skin care and this was my first experience with the brand. Hawaii Facial Oil is paraben free. It is created using a combination of hydrating Sandalwood and soothing Lavender essential oils to ensure skin feels comfortable and revitalised all day long. You can use this oil as a moisturiser or as cleanser as I did. I posted this month oil cleansing method, just click here to read all about it. 

I love everything about this oil: ingredient list is natural and full of antioxidants, lovely and relaxing scent and it left my skin fresh and soft.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral.


I will give MONU Skincare Soothing Hawaii Facial Oil 5 stars out of 5. Because it is what its says on the pack and it does the job brilliantly and it is on my shopping list.


2. Lavera Organic Colour and Shine Conditioner. I decided to give another go to the natural conditioner and I am overall pleased with the results. Read full review here. I am looking forward to try any other natural conditioners out there for the hair detox purposes, will keep you posted.


3. Crabtree and Evelyn English Honey and Peach Blossom all purpose balm. This rich all purpose balm can be used on any area of the skin requiring targeted deep moisturising and that what I was doing. I used it as a lip balm, as a hand balm and as a cuticle softener and I believe there are lots of other ways you can make this balm useful.

I couldn't find full ingredient list for you, but according to the homepage of Crabtree and Evelyn this all purpose balm is formulated with moisturising shea butter and honey, combined with skin conditioning beeswax and peach blossom extract.

I will give Crabtree and Evelyn English Honey and Peach Blossom all purpose balm 5 stars out of 5. It is one of the best balm I bought and haven't made myself, I enjoyed a lot using it and I will buy it again if I will come across it. If you are looking for a lip balm and not sure which to buy, I would recommend this one.


4. Dove Purely Pampering Shea Cream Pot. I love Dove body butters, they are soft and make my skin silky and smooth.

Here is the ingredient list for you to have a look:


Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Hybrid Oil, Isohexadecane, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Dimethiconol, Potassium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Urea, Collagen Amino Acids, Lactic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Stearamide AMP, Sorbitan Oleate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Coumarin, CI 77891

I will give Dove Purely Pampering Shea Cream Pot 4 stars out of 5, because I thought scent was a bit to strong for my liking and I am aware that ingredient list is not that great, but this body butter is worth spending money on.


5. Natural hair oil mix - DIY Beauty. This hair oil mix I made myself, you can find recipe here. This oil is full of vitamins a healthy hair need and it left my hair strong and silky. This oil will be always in my bathroom ready for the hot or cold hair oil treatment. Have you tried it yet, I would like to know what is your experience with it? I will give Natural hair oil mix 5 stars out of 5, because it's simply works. 

I also finished Timotei shampoo you saw last month in my hair care routine post, but I put in my recycling bin without remembering to keep it for the end of the month. It is a good basic shampoo to use; washed my hair well even with the hair oil in without drying them. It is affordable and I plan to buy it again in future, if nothing else will catch my eye.


What did you enjoy this month, share in the comments below?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment