Monday 8 December 2014

Oil Cleansing Method

Recently I have rediscovered oil cleansing method and I think it is great for any time of the year, but especially for the cold time. 



I know that some ladies and gents are terrified of applying oil to their skin, because they spend time and money trying to reduce or eliminate oil from the skin. I will tell you one thing I learnt as a beauty blogger, is that oil dissolves oil. Our skin naturally lubricates itself with oil, so don't be afraid of applying oil to your face. Oil alone can't bring you blemishes, pimples and blackheads, these are a result of several different factors including hormones, bacteria, dead skin cells and the build-up of these factors. 

As I said our skin naturally produces oil because it needs it. This oil lubricates, heals, protects and moisturise the skin. Properly functioning skin is beautiful, clear and glowing. Learning to work with your skin, not against it, will be the most rewording thing ever.


How to do oil cleansing method?

The basic concept of skin care and cleansing method is that the oil used to massage your skin will dissolve the oil that has hardened with impurities and found itself stuck in your pores. The steam will open your pores, allowing the oil to be easily removed. Personally I don't steam my face every day, because my facial blood vessels don't like heat that much. I just run hot water and use a wet face cloth to remove any excess of oil after the cleansing.

I usually do oil cleansing in the evening, prior to bed. I don't do deep cleansing in the morning, just wash my face every other day with a gentle natural face wash. Check my skin care routine for details. I don't want to over cleanse my skin as this will serve only to irritate and cause more oil production. 

I use MONU Skincare Soothing Hawaii Facial oil (November Glossybox) six days a week and when once a week Balance me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm (October Birchbox), it contains exfoliating oatmeal powder and good as a scrub.


Oil is great as a make-up remover, even a waterproof one. I tried, but my eyes are to sensitive and get red after contact with the oil. I still prefer to use my make-up remover instead, but if your under eye skin likes oil feel free to replace your make-up remover with it.

It is worth saying, listen to your skin what ever you do! Oil cleansing method you can do everyday, but deep cleansing with a steam only once in a while. It is for the best not to over cleanse the skin. You will know if you are deep cleansing too frequently by the dryness that your skin will exhibit. Don't be alarmed if you find you are unblocked an oil flow for the first few days. Once you remove the plugs from your pores, they will begin functioning properly again.

Sorry, but perfect skin won't happen overnight and while it should take a few massages to achieve your goal, you should notice a huge difference in your skin after the first deep cleansing massage. I will make a separate post with a simple massage technique for you late in the month.


What is your favourite cleansing method?
Marija

No comments:

Post a Comment