Thursday 2 July 2015

Recent Reads - French Women Don't Get Facelifts: Ageing with Attitude

I went through few novels in the past weeks and by chance came across one little book I want to share. French Women Don't Get Facelifts: Ageing with Attitude by Mireille Guiliano tackles the delicate subject of ageing - showing how women of forty and beyond age with attitude and style.



In this little book Mireille Guiliano (author of international bestseller French Women Don't Get Fat) shares her secrets and personal tips about looking and feeling great, whatever your age.

According to the author, French women approach ageing with a different mind-set to women from most cultures. It is not just grooming or clothing, or nutrition or skincare - it is the attitude of self-acceptance. In France, a woman in her 40s or 50s is still seen as alluring. She feels it and acts it, but doesn't pretend that she is still young. She is comfortable and takes care of herself. A positive attitude adds good years to your life. And ageing with attitude means making small changes to you mental make-up and physical appearance.

I can only agree with that. I always admired ladies in their older years looking great and feeling comfortable in their own skin. I would like to be one of them when time comes.


Five ageless beauty tips inspired by Mireille Guiliano:

1. Style. Focus on hair and shoes. 
This is so true! I always thought, that people notice first your appearance: hairstyle and shoes are what give impression about you and give away your personality, lifestyle and attitude to life.

2. Skincare. Pamper and protect. 
I mentioned this before in my previous anti-ageing posts. It is important to protect your skin from the sun and give yourself time to unwind and relax. And don't forget your water intake, keep your skin hydrated at all times.

3. Exercise. Walk the walk.
It is up to you what level of exercise to take on considering your lifestyle and health. But remember even going for a walk to the park or taking the stairs will keep your body in better shape.

4. Make-up. Less is more.
I am in my early 30s and have already noticed, if I overdo my face - I look much older. The right amount of make-up to enhance my features is what works for me even now. According to Mireille Guiliano when you turn 40, it is time to be careful with make-up and colours you use. 

5. Diet. The art of restrain.
I never could diet, but I do try to be reasonable with what I eat and how much. I always believed that you need to listen to your body and don't feel guilty if you overindulge once in a while. Just take that walk in the park again and find a way to enjoy your life and enjoy your food in moderation.

Like all tips and tricks in the world, do remember to put your personal touch. It is only about you and you, so find your own way to stay fabulous what ever your age.

After reading and skipping through pages I found that I know quite a bit myself, but always there is something new even in known. If you are looking for French beauty and style tips to inspire you to age with attitude, have a pick inside French Women Don't Get Facelifts.


"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."
French Women Don't Get Facelifts, by Mireille Guiliano 



What is your best tip or trick to age with attitude?
Marija




No comments:

Post a Comment